Being active with your children will help them develop active lifestyles at a young age.
Here are some ideas for families to be active together:
- Physical activity is an opportunity to have family fun. Focus on playing rather than on winning.
- Encourage children to make up games that all the family members can play.
- Choose activities that match your child’s interests. If your child likes to read, walk or ride bikes to the library.
- Engage in family discussions to plan activities together. Explore new places together.
- Household chores can be great activities. Involve children and all family members in weekly household chores and praise everyone for their contributions.
- While adding more physical activity into the family routine, discuss ways to reduce screen time, such as limiting TV and other screen time to 2 hours a day or less and not allowing children to watch TV in their bedrooms.
To learn more about physical activity and families visit: